Thursday, January 26, 2012

Summer Afternoons


Don't get me wrong.   I like winter.   In fact, I really do enjoy the changing of the seasons and the changes that each brings with it.   However,  I've been reminiscing very fondly about summer the last few days.   Perhaps it's because I've been scouring cottage rental sites and choosing a destination for a vacation in August.   Yes, I'm dreaming about packing all my art journalling supplies and taking them on the road to a place where the livin' is easy.  Honestly, I find packing my art supplies to be the most arduous part of any vacation.   It causes me a great deal of angst and, believe me, the car sinks lower when the "art box" is slid into the trunk!!    Here's to dreaming about summer and vacations!  

4 comments:

Ruby's Girl said...

So good to see you blogging again. Love your pages , they are just beautiful as always. Very inspiring. Judy

Aimeslee Winans said...

Heather, lovely spread! Today was a bit like that down here, just cool. We've had grey skies and rain all week, but the sun won out finally. I wanted to tell you, I love the shape of your journal. I'm partial to squares and to horizontal/lanscape-y pages. I discovered this when moving around to work in my different journals. I think with a page size like yours, its like doing a spread on a single page, if that is all you want to do or have time for. xoxo

Terri said...

Beautiful journal pages!
The coloring, layers and sentiments are fab!
I love to go away in the hottest part of the summer too. I have not yet taken art supplies with me, but that sounds like a wonderful vacation to me!
Hugs,
Terri

Janny said...

Great pages and I love your space (place?);o)