Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sunday Stamper - In My Life


I remember as a child just feeling"odd"....like I really didn't fit in and didn't want to fit in with everyone else. This feeling persisted well into my twenties when I discovered rubber stamping. I couldn't believe how alive I felt when I was creating. When I discovered the numerous communities in the cyberworld that were devoted to my passion, I found groups of people who understood my passions and peculiarities. I also realized that not fitting in had its rewards. The them for Sunday Stampers this week is In My Life. I used a baby photo of myself to design this round robin page that captures snippets of my life and loves.

5 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

Aw hunny .. you know what? That is so sweet and I know exactly how you felt too! Must be a stampers thing eh? Thanks for joinin in with the challenge and your lovely comment to me...I loooove what you made, what a little cutiepie you were hun .. .hugs xx

Anneke said...

wow, how adorable this is.
i have seen your latest work and i find it beautiful and original.
regards from ann

Amy said...

this is lovely and I like how you used the theme in a pesonal way! I know I'v felt out of place many time's..even among other women! I have always felt a better connection with other artist freinds.
I love all the other unique picture's you have added..the crown is so cute.

Unknown said...

Awww this is lovely X

Charlotte said...

Sweet and adorable! I understand about sometimes not always fitting in with some people. It's kinda like going to party in a long gown and finding out that your host is hosting a cocktail party instead.

You might find this story funny:

My 85 year old parents yesterday after church attended a bridal shower for someone in the Church Choir. Upon arrival they quickly found out that they were suppose to bring a cover dish. Apparently this little item was covered in the email invitation that was sent. My dear sweet Dad explained that he didn't have a computer and how were they to know?

Everyone had a good laugh and it really wasn't a problem for the hostess since there was plenty of food!

I hope that you have a great week!