Saturday, June 28, 2008

I've Been Tagged!

The very talented and wonderful Astrid has tagged me and these are the questions that I must answer:

Where were you 10 years ago?

Well, 10 years ago I was at a fairly major crossroads in my life. In January I moved 800 km from Kingston, Ontario to St. Thomas, Ontario to take a new job. My boyfriend at that time while visiting me in St. Thomas proposed in February and we were married in Kingston at the beginning of April. Our reception was at Fort Henry!! We lived apart until he moved to be with me in St. Thomas in June. Whew... that was quite a year!!

What are 5 things on your "to-do" list today?

Hmmm....
Make a Cobb salad for a cottage opening party we are attending tomorrow.
Work on an altered tin for a swap that I'm participating in.
Clean the bathrooms and dust (DH does the vacuuming!)
Work on instructions for encaustic collage to send to sweet blogging friends who have requested them.
Create atcs for various swaps.

What snack foods do you like?

Okay, I admit it, I have a "stash" in my art room. Every once in a while David finds my secret hiding place. Last week I emerged from my bath to find him looking rather guilty with a swipe of chocolate on his face. Needless to say, I now have a new hiding spot! Milk chocolate anything tops my list. I also love cinnamon and raisin bagel chips, black licorice and anything sour.

If you were a billionaire, what would you do?

I would love to find a way to use my skills to assist others. I'd like to help set up libraries in other countries. I'd love to have a cottage where I could retreat to clear my mind and create art. I'd also really like to take art courses that are offered worldwide. I also dream of being able to teach children that art isn't just about knowing how to draw and paint likenesses. I have the opportunity to teach this as a librarian but I'd love to do so in a broader sense.

Places you have lived?

I was born in Wingham then moved to London where I went to elementary school, high school and University. I have also lived and worked in Toronto, Kingston and now St. Thomas. (all in Ontario, Canada)

People I want to know more about?

I hope some of you on my favourites list will accept this challenge because I'd love to know more about all of you!!

1 comment:

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Too funny, to have found a local from the library. I've practically lived there and never knew you had a blog until I stumbled across it this evening.