Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

It is dusk on New Year's Day and the snow is falling gently.  It's been a  peaceful, art-filled day in my part of the world.    I have always liked the idea of coming up with a word for a new year but find it difficult with all of the choices available.  I stopped short of digging out the dictionary though....thankfully!   I just seemed to come back to something that Fred Eaglesmith had said at a concert.   He talked about "Enough"....about deciding that you are enough and that you have enough.    To me that's powerful and challenging at the same time.   It's so easy to compare ourselves to others, to feel that we fall short in some way, to stress over not being a good enough daughter, friend etc. but what if we were just "enough".  

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your word choice! I think that is such a struggle for all of us.

Sandy said...

I wish you a Happy and Healthy 2013.
May all your wishes com true.

xoxo

Janny said...

Love your pages. We are good as we are;-) All the best for 2013!

Melissa said...

Wishing you "just enough" of everything you need in 2013!
Smiles,
Melissa

Unknown said...

Your pages are gorgeous Heather.
cant wait to get me some of that!!!LOL

Ruby's Girl said...

Happy New Year to you too Heather!! So great to see you posting again too. Let us both try to do this more often in 2013. Your pages are wonderful.
Judy

maiju said...

Wow, beautiful.

Unknown said...

Let us both try to do this more often in 2013. Your pages are wonderful.


pirates of the caribbean 5