Sunday, April 29, 2012

Teens and Creativity

I have to admit that I believe that the world balances itself.   For every awful, rotten thing that happens, there is something good and inspiring.   That pretty well sums up my week, to be honest.    It had its low points and it definitely had its high points, one of which was the art journal workshop that I  offered to teens yesterday at the library.   Eight souls showed up at 11:00 a.m. (yes, time to sleep in but still...) and chose from the array of weeded books available to them.   We prepped their "journals" by tearing out pages and applying gesso to their first spread and they were off!   Paints, papers, Sharpie pens, collage images and a whole lot of imagination combined to make a memorable experience not only for them, but for me.   I realized that they very much appreciated the art supplies (which they can't yet afford) and the uninterrupted time to make art.    I very much enjoy working with teens and feel blessed to be able to do so.  Nurturing their creative souls just makes me happy, inside and out.   This is the journal spread that I started at the workshop yesterday and finished today, still riding the wave of my delight at the experience.

3 comments:

Aimeslee Winans said...

Fun page and times, thanks for sharing xoxo

Janny said...

Love your pages;o)

Unknown said...

This is wonderful!! Love it!!