Friday, January 20, 2012

Out of the Fog

The fog of the last year has begun to lift and hopefully that means that I will be able to see the direction of my blog more clearly.    I have definitely fallen out of the rhythm and habit of regular posts so I've decided to try just chronicling what I'm creating art-wise, whatever that may be.   This year my muse is steering me strongly in the direction of art journalling.   The wonderful Effy Wild and her generous "Book of Days" videos and prompts have been such an inspiration to me.   So, to kick off a new "lease on life" with my blog (yes, yet another one!), I've decided to post the spread I completed today in my own "book of days".    It was inspired by the house finch who is an integral part of my family.  Yes, that's her in the photograph, bottom left.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's nice to see that you haven't lost your touch......your journal really is so wonderful. Liking birds as I do, this speaks ~ or chirps to me.

Glad your fog is lifted...missed you.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Heather, it's inspiring to see your art again. Thanks for posting! :)

Janet Ghio said...

Love your pages and your liettle bird. Effy class is great!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Lovely spread! The rich, vibrant colors are delightful. So glad to see your posts again, AND to see your pages. I think this *change* may work out for both of us, winkwink, xoxo