Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The View Through Branches

Okay, I have to know.....how are you enjoying your summer?   It started off drippy and wet, spent a little time being dry and drought-like and now it's settled somewhere in between.   I just was looking at some of the photographs from the tornado that touched down in Goderich, Ontario on Sunday.  This is a place that is very dear to my heart having spent so much of my childhood there on visits to my grandparents' house.   My thoughts are with those who have been affected by it.


Even though I haven't been posting on my blog, I have been creating though not with the fervor I experience in the winter months.   I am grateful to be part of a round robin journal project on a Yahoogroup called PaperTraders.   Round robins really excite me.   I love the variety of themes that challenge me and the opportunity to watch the books develop.  One of the journals in this exchange was blessed with the theme of trees.  I've always felt that trees were one of my personal symbols.   I used to lie underneath one in our backyard when I was a child and watch the patterns created by sunlight, the way the leaves danced with the breeze and the activity of birds that often goes unnoticed. 


5 comments:

Nelly said...

Hi Heather,
My summer is going well except that is sooooo short!! Summer is my absolute fav time of year and actually that's when I create more. Love your 2 pieces here. Very inspiring and beautiful

Audrey said...

Love your art!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Love all the layers you have going on there. I can remember waiting so so long for that round robin group to begin again. Then when it finally did, I was not able to commit to it. But I have that same attraction for them. Living down here on the Texas Gulf Coast for over 50 years, I cannot remember a summer less desirable. Calling it a nightmare would be letting it off easy, lol. I just pray the hurricanes leave us alone this year... xoxo

Trishia said...

LUV that golden leave right across the man's forehead! It's almost like a slap in the head, a wake up call to the joys of nature:)!

Trishia said...

Oops, I think the 'man' I referred to is actually a girl:)