Friday, April 15, 2011

Worry


I consider one of my biggest struggles in life to be "worry". I live sometimes in an almost constant state of anxiety. Did I do the right thing? Am I good enough? Did I remember to do everything I should? Should I really be taking time off work when I have so much to do? This constant circular thinking sometimes keeps me up at night and tends to rob me of precious moments that could be spent in more relaxing and beneficial ways. My DH, in turn, worries about the effects of my worrying and purchased a CD for me on meditation. Think it's time to gift myself with a little time each day not spent in anxiety of what could of been or what might be. It's time to live for the now.

4 comments:

Heavens2Betsy said...

Hi Heather, I wholeheartedly agree with that sentiment. Worry serves no useful purpose and is a waste of energy for sure. I love your pages. Thank you for stopping by and your kind comments. Pen x

starryruth said...

I agree, worry is useless, live for today.
I love your artwork, found you when flicking through random blogs. Keep them coming!

Folk Heart said...

I am with your DH...worry is really bad for your heart. I learned the hard way...I hope you learn by CD! ^_^

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

O Heather, I know exactly what you mean! Many times in my life i've pondered like you and often my head react with migraine attack. Now since I'm older, without Kids at home, I take time to relax or sleep
during the day (when I'm stressed by thinking and management of "all things"around) and it is fantastic. I'm more slowly but I'm feeling much better.
(I hope you can understand what I mean, my school english is not the best..it's long time ago.*g*)
Hugs Anja