Monday, November 22, 2010

Mixed Media Monday - Boxing Clever







Books and boxes are two passions of mine. The former I like to alter and the latter to recreate into shadow boxes and assemblages. I have to be careful when I go into a store like Michael's because I tend to sometimes be more fascinated by the packaging than with the contents. That was the case with this little suitcase-like tin box. It languished for a while in my cupboard of odds and sods then one day I was inspired to pluck it out and use it. What came to mind were doctors who would make house calls often in rural areas where house were miles apart. This is my tribute to those men of medicine and my submission for Mixed Media Monday this month.

12 comments:

Mary-Beth said...

Gorgeous Heather!! Love all the wonderful parts to this wonderful story!

Janet Ghio said...

This is really wonderful. I would love to see in in person!

Kathy said...

hiya Heather~
This is magnificent! Lots to see and Janey is right, in person would be the best way to view this. Awesome.

Thespa McLaughlin said...

This is really neat, I love the way you used all those boxes in such a 3 dimensional way. Perfect!

Janny said...

This is really great, a real Heather;o)

Anonymous said...

Love it much ! altering old boxes that way is making treasures of them, wonderful, Heather !

Rika said...

Fantastic, love your box!

Rosemary said...

I love your boxes - they tell marvelous stories!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Heather. You are certainly the "queen of boxes"!

Krissy said...

Heather, good to see you are still making your 'lovely as ever' designs. LOVE the new box. And I feel you on the birds.....I paint them all the time not realizing they are in so much of my work!
Happy Tuesday to you!
Krissy

lila Braga said...

simply gorgeous!!!! wow!
hugs
lila

Gerri Herbst said...

This tin/box is amazing. I love your style.The stories you tell in yr art are wonderful. Thanks for coming to visit me at my blog and saying such wonderful things...till next time, take care, gerri