Monday, June 7, 2010

Mixed Media Monday - Floral Tributes




I grew pansies and violas in pots this Spring not only because I love their sweet floral faces but also because they press beautifully. I own a Microfleur and love the easy and speed with which this process happens. I'm presently eyeing the lavender which is growing in abundance in my garden. Of course, pressing lavender has the added bonus of infusing scent when microwaved. These round robin journal pages are my entry for the Mixed Media Monday challenge this week.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so delicate and beautiful.

LivArtNow said...

Wonderful pages in soft beautiful colours!!

Linda

Mary-Beth said...

Lovely pages Heather!! I too love pansies!!

Limarea said...

These are both lovely :)

carolyn said...

You have me eyeing my flowers now! Great work!

Hermine said...

Both are gorgeous, fantastic backgrounds

Connie said...

Gorgeous!!!!

Lotus said...

HI Heather!
I wasn't sure where to post, but I received my wonderful journal and wanted to thank you! I posted on my blog:
http://whymsicallotus.blogspot.com/2010/06/woohoo-im-winner.html
Thanks again! It's lovely!
Lotus

indybev said...

Both are beautiful. I'm lovin' that lavendar color!

Amy said...

very pretty layering and I adore the image's..fantastic Heather. Great to be visiting your blog again!

Pretty Widow said...

So pretty - love your stencilled backgrounds!

Janny said...

Really beautiful Heather!

ALTERED ARTIFACTS said...

Very creative idea ... love the softness. If you do a card with the lavender, I hope you also post pictures of that too :D
Inka

Diane said...

Fabulous pages, Heather! Diane

Dymphie said...

lovely cards Heather! I used dried pansies on my piece, aren't those the loveliest :) Dried lavender... smells soooo good.