Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Created ByHand Challenge - Remembrance

The week of Remembrance Day I always find myself feeling edgy, emotional, uncomfortable somehow. I listen to radio programs with moving stories of bravery, loss and sorrow and try to either attend a memorial service at a cenotaph or, at the very least, to watch a ceremony on television. On the 11th day of the 11th month at the 11th hour I close my eyes and remember the sacrifices that so many made to ensure that we have the freedom that we often take for granted today. This is my entry for the Created ByHand challenge this week.

8 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh wow great honor.
This is a fantastic card Heather.

Jamie said...

Beautiful message Heather. This past week my Grandfather was flown to Washington, DC to visit the WWII Memorial. He is 94 and my Mother said he was so happy to have had the chance to go and be honored. Thank you for reminding us to remember the sacrifices of our fellow countrymen. Love, Jamie

Hearts Turned said...

Heather, what a wonderful memorial creation you made, and how beautifully you related your feelings--thank-you!

crafty creations said...

A stunning piece of art and a very thaught inspiring narrative Heather thank you

Andrea said...

thats a beautiful card for such a sad occassion, God bless them all xx

juliwan said...

Hard to make something so beautiful out of something so heart wrenching so well done

Anonymous said...

What a lovely card and that shade of red so apt.

Amy said...

Hi Heather...what a fantastic tribute..love the red!!

I added your blog to my Sweet Blog list..I'm sorry I didn't realize it wasn't already on there..I've always loved your blog and wanted you to know that!!
I also sent out your ATC's yesturday..so they are in the mail sweets!!!!
Happy trading my friend!! Keep in touch.