Sunday, October 18, 2009

Gothic Arches - Risque

I thought we might just take a wee peek into this lovely lady's boudoir where she has halted the process of getting dressed for the day to gaze at herself in the mirror. I dug out the beeswax for this arch and tried using old sewing patterns to create the background. They worked "like a charm". I added a few feminine touches such as the lace, the real pressed flowers and the perfume label and created a private haven for quiet contemplation. This is my entry for the Gothic Arch challenge this week.

Please feel free to enter my giveaway. You can read all of the details here.

13 comments:

Ginger said...

Loved your take on the theme this week gorgeous art!
Fabulous!

Lori Saul said...

Lots of beautiful things to see in this arch- wonderful sensitive artwork Heather!

Astrid Maclean said...

Very pretty, love the idea of her looking in her mirror, very suggestive...

jaine drake said...

Beautiful piece of work.

Rosie said...

This is super Heather - love the reflection in the mirror, and she does look rather pleased with what she sees ....

Anonymous said...

It's stunning, Heather. I love how it all comes together.

Martina said...

So creative, Heather! Stunning arch!

pat said...

What a lovely and sweet arch, I love it.
Pat

Lena said...

Very nice! I like her looking at herself in the mirror. Beautiful!

Jann said...

This is a beautiful arch, Heather!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

what a gorgeous arch...and so perfect for the theme!

Anonymous said...

It was rather interesting for me to read that post. Thanks for it. I like such topics and anything connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

BTW, buy Bluetooth blocker to block all secret devices in your room or at work.