Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Created By Hand Challenge - Your Choice


I have been wanting to use this little gal in a piece of artwork for a while. She has such a sweet attitude to me, all dressed up in her costume. I thought about all of the little ones who come into the library in their princess costumes, their batman regalia, not just on Hallowe'en but all year round. And it's just fine.....in fact, it's magical in some way. This is who they want to be right at that moment. I was picturing that this little girl had the same attitude....take me or leave me....right now I'm a flower fairy. This is my entry for the Created by Hand challenge this week.

14 comments:

Buffy said...

If only adults could dress up like children do. I think the world would be a happy place.Love your house and the little girl! Gorgeous.

Laura Haviland said...

Heather this little gal is adorable.
I love little children in costume, so magical. The little children grow so fast, so much fun when they are so innocent.
Your awesome my friend.
Hugs,Laura.
P.S. Are you going to start using beeswax again, love that?

Shelly Hickox said...

This is beautiful! You're a librarian? What a great job - some of my best memories are of time spent in the library.

Moni said...

Dein "Haus" ist sensationell gemacht!!!

lorhen82 said...

She's so precious! I can see why you wanted to use her in a piece. Great post! ~Lori

vintage wil said...

this is gorgeous!!

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Oh, she is perfect! And her little house too! And I love what you wrote. If only we adults would dress and morph with a child's perspective - it would be a much better world. Today I would be a fairy too (of course) if I could get away with it!

Val Foster said...

This is simply precious Heather. It totally amazes me how prolific you are in creating beautiful art!!! I'm so impressed.

Anonymous said...

Heather, this is a gorgeous little sweetie. Great entry for the CBH challenge. Beautiful.

My Creative House said...

A very beautiful house to the little sweet girl, great artwork.

Janny said...

It's fabulous Heather!

Unknown said...

I do dress up in my jewelry and colorful clothing! I love to play make believe and put on a playful attitude when I go out! Life is fun and it is wonderful to see that in your art!

Kris Dickinson said...

What an adorable house Heather!

Sally said...

Stunning piece, love the images and colours.