Monday, April 13, 2009

Mixed Media Monday challenge - Easter




I was recently given an amazing gift. My Mom was sorting through some of my Gram's possessions and stumbled across a box of vintage cards amazingly well preserved. Mom said she used to go through the box as a little girl when she was home sick. Some fold out into the most intricate vignettes. Some are humourous and others are delicate and pretty. This image of two rabbits reminded me of these cards and is my entry for this week's Mixed Media Monday challenge.

8 comments:

indybev said...

Exquisite! I love them.

Jann said...

Adorable, Heather--so vintage--I love the rabbits!

Beth said...

The rabbit images are wonderful and work so well in your piece.

Char said...

Lovely vintage rabbits. Love those tiny egg brads.

Amy said...

This is a splendid piece! I loved all the 'real' vintage cards as well from when I was just a babe..they were pretty well made back then!

katrin said...

heather - these old rabbits are sooo gorgeous and your card too!!! so amazing for easter. :-)

Rosemary said...

What a lovely story and as always, this is absolutely beautiful and whimsical!

Anonymous said...

These are so beautiful, Heather. What a gorgeous rabbit image! Diane