Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday Stampers - Photograph


I was just reading an article in a "Cloth, Paper Scissors" issues yesterday and the question was asked of readers...."What do you hoard?" I could answer that question without hesitation...vintage photos. I'm crazy about them. I'm immediately drawn to them in antique stores and I treasure family photographs that have been passed down from generation to generation. I often just thumb through my collection for inspiration. This is a round robin journal page that I created for an alphabetica swap. We were to use our assigned letter to represent a woman. This is Juliet who loves her home and who adores shopping for items for it in the catalogue. I often link this fascination of mine with my love of paper dolls as a child?!! This is my entry for this week's Sunday Stampers challenge.

11 comments:

Ozstuff said...

Heather, I am with you on the subject of vintage photos. I am lucky to have quite a good collection of family pics passed down from generation to generation. I love your art journal page. It is so eyecatching and stunning. Fantastic!!

Sandy said...

Wow this is just perfect.
Unbelievable design. Love them.

Claireabelle said...

Fantastic piece Heather, gorgeous
x

Femmy said...

wow Heather, what a fantastic background and you've used great colors!! love it.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Wonderful vintage photo!

Hels Sheridan said...

Wow, Heather, this is totally heavenly and incredibly inspiring hun, thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper :O)) x

Lynn Stevens said...

I,m with her. I Love to shop. What a wonderful story it tells and how lucky the participants are!!

Janny said...

Beautiful piece of work!

Ellen said...

love it ..her home is her castle

Kris Dickinson said...

What an awsome piece Heather! I love it!

WendyK said...

Fabulous Heather, love the way you have put it together