Saturday, February 21, 2009

Saturday's Workout - Altered CDs


I don't know about you but I always seem to have a number of CDs lying around that are no longer useful for their original intents. I hate to throw them out so I just store them knowing that in the world of altered art, inspiration can strike at any time. I wanted to use leaves that I had pressed in the fall so I combined them with vintage images and a quotation. I strung all three cds together with ribbon to make a banner. This is my entry for this week's Saturday's Workout.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea.

crafty creations said...

beautiful heather - the colours are stunning

stamp and scrape said...

Such lovely fall colours - a great collection together.
Ros

Unknown said...

what a clever idea Heather!!!

Rachel said...

Great CDs and lovely colours!

Sandy said...

OMG Heather this is unbelievable.
So wonderful work. I love it.

Thanks Heather for alter a CD on SaWo.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, love the autumn colours

Gaby Bee said...

Marvelous Heather! Itlooks just perfect!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Gaby xo

Diane said...

Very clever. I love them!

lorhen82 said...

That is so cool that you used leaves that you pressed yourself! These are really unique and beautiful! ~Lori

RubyMay said...

Brilliant idea to make a banner! I love that you used the leaves you pressed...this is wonderful x

Viv said...

Fab idea Heather! Colours are stunning.

Flipsi said...

Fantastic CD's.

Brenda said...

What divine recycling!

vintage wil said...

Gorgeous Heather !beautiful colors.

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

OOOOHHH how wonderful. I love the warm colors, the details, it's excellent and perfect.
Thank you for understanding comment on my blog:-))Moving isn't so bad, because beginning new. But alle the works before!:-(( Gratulation, that you did it!

Best wishes and a happy sunday,
Anja

Lorraine said...

love your cds and of course maple leaves..autumn or fall is my fav season..like your recent combination of women and trees..nice art

SaLi said...

love this colours, great work

Janny said...

They are gorgeous!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Oh, how wonderful. Really fab.