Thursday, July 17, 2008

One Powerful Hour - Fashion


Ah how fashion changes with the years. I find myself attracted to the ages when people dressed for elegance. Of course, I don't dispute the fact that these times meant clothing that was often uncomfortable. Also, can you imagine how time consuming it was to actually dress to go "out"? This lovely woman just suited the fashion themed background somehow and I've added a layer of beeswax to give the piece warmth. This is my One Powerful Hour entry for the week.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

she is just perfect! especially with her string of pearls. And did you use a natural element? The flowers look pressed and I love the beeswax effect I will have to get some of that!

Thanks for taking the challenge!

Jodi Ohl said...

Beautiful Heather, I love how you've been incorporating bees wax into your collages. It definitely gives them a lovely layered effect, rich and deep.

No--I can't imagine wearing a corset to go out. I have a hard enough time with my jeans..LOL. I'll stick to my tank top, capris, and flip flop look :)

joanne wardle said...

wow did you really do that within an hour? it's a gorgeous collage.

Fiona said...

What a gorgeous collage - I love how you've put it all together - I'll have to have a go at the beeswax. Thanks for the inpsiration.

Alexandra said...

Wonderful collage Heather