Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Queen Ila


I have been busy creating pages for an Alphabetica Round Robin Journal swap the past couple of days. My letters this month were "I" and "J" and the theme of the book was "Queens". I was a bit stumped by the "I" until I visited my Grandmother who is "Ila". I decided to use a photo of her in my page. She told me that she and a friend took a streetcar to a studio in downtown Toronto and had their photographs taken professionally when they were both about 18 years old. Gram is now 95 years of age. I think it's a lovely photo.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Heather, another beautiful card, but even more, a lovely sentiment behind it. Can't you just imagine the fun those two young ladies had--riding the street car and being photographed? Ahhh, simpler times....

vintage wil said...

wow this is beautiful !

Unknown said...

Hi Heather....I have missed so much here...I am finally getting back into my daily visits...your work is wonderful and just what I need....

hugs
Diana

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

Heather-your grandmother's photo is beautiful! You have certainly created beautiful art with her!
chris p

Dawn said...

Wow how nice is this - your grandma looks beautiful, what a ride I bet they had on those street cars