Sunday, March 30, 2008

Fabric Round Robin Pages



No one would guess that I took Family Studies all the way through high school and won an award for it every single year THEN went on to take advanced sewing at University with the intention of becoming either a Home Economist or a Dietition. I now have an apprehension about using a sewing machine in my artwork. I admit it! My assignment was to create a round robin journal spread using fabric with the theme of "Women". I procrastinated and I lost sleep until I finally decided I needed to face my fears. I thought about the way that women create homes and that these homes provide such a unifying force in the lives of families. In my home, the kitchen was the centre. My sister and I would talk to my Mom as we were preparing dinners and the family always sat down together to eat our evening meal and to discuss our issues, our triumphs, our disappointments and our sadness. I hope that I captured this somehow in these pags.

8 comments:

Femmy said...

wonderful pages heather!!

A Note From The Queen said...

Heather these are beautiful, how big are they? I too have a sewing machine, however, I never use it. I always want to but the lengths I'd have to go through to actually GET to it deteres me from using it LOL I may have to dig it out sometime soon and do something with it.

Anonymous said...

I must say...both of these are just BEAUTIFUL!!! Amazing work...as always!!! ~hugs~

Mary-Beth said...

Heather, these are gorgeous pages. I love the warm homey feel to them.

Gillian .... said...

You have captured your feelings well Heather, as always beautiful work and composition flawless:)x :)

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Heather - your pages are awesome! We should do a trade sometime... Marva

Unknown said...

Heather so glad you faced your fears and used your sewing machine (know where you are coming from with that fear gf) maybe now you will want to create more with your machine...this is perfect for RR

Val Foster said...

I love these pages too. And yes, they are evocative of love and family. You do great work, Heather.